Saturday, August 23, 2014

Day 5

So I’m guessing y’all are expecting some more epic words, remember Mike from Serrat Nature Center he really likes birds, seriously that’s all I got… Nah Nah I’m just kidding, the flow through the next two pages is where it’s hidden. You see we all signed up to embark on this trip, but it’s proved to be more than we expected ain’t that a pip. We worry about friends and family and your (Johns) mom’s hip, and sometimes it feels like enough to jump ship. As uncomfortable as this journey has been so far, I hate it, because I won’t quit, so I feel like I’m stuck in a jar. And I don’t want to admit it but I feel like it’s never going to get better, that I’m just gonna ride it out and hope for that good grade letter. To me that sucks because I want to have a good time, so here, I’ll stop dwelling on the bad and get on with the rhyme. The good times we’ve had so far tells me that we love each other, and I know by the end of this well be sisters and brothers. By day two I realized how much being truly uncomfortable sucks, but leaving our comfort zone will make us better at putting in a row our ducks. So if you’re feeling the same way and thinking like me lets lean on each other pick ourselves up just like family. We’ll see and do and learn so many great things that when we get back we’ll think we’ve grown wings. At this point in the rhyme it’s late and I just want to sleep but I take pride in my work like David and his sheep. So bear with me guys for a couple more lines as we stand here before breakfast and the sun starts to shine, down on each and every one of our beautiful faces, and as we take the long road to all of these distant places. But when we go home we’ll be like Frodo and the Ring, nobody will get us, they will understand nothing. So just remember when we go our own ways that we’ll be in each other’s hearts to stay. Enough with the emotions let’s get on with the physical, cooks, I hope breakfast wasn’t anything too difficult. Let’s get on our way to the Ole Missinaibi, I’m saying it early Peace and Chow baby!


-Josh Baughman

No comments:

Post a Comment