Tuesday, November 4, 2014

10/24/14

Today we concluded our second back country journey and most of us can say this was our favorite part of ECOEE yet. We did some amazing things that some of us thought we couldn't have done back in August, such as hike up Post Peak. Getting there was a difficult journey. My group consisting was Josh, Haley, and Anthony decided to conquer. The hike up was one of the most difficult things I have ever done it literally took all I had. You know some people at home would probably struggle really hard if they attempted to climb it. But hey not even the great Paul Petolzt. After the hike up my group needed more and that more consisted of jumping, climbing, and hoisting ourselves from a gigantic rock to the next to reach the summit. The view from the summit was beautiful  we were able to get a 360 degree view of the Sierra Nevada’s it was breathtaking. That soon ended when we realized we had to get back down to our backpacks. That climb down was the most terrifying thing I have ever done, like I said it was terrifying. Of course my group survived the rest of our backpacking trek as did the two other groups who like us have amazing stories to tell. Being separated was something special. None of us will have the same stories going forward. ECOEE si far has given me many lasting memories. The end is in the distant horizon. No more going west for us. In the next couple days we will be watching over 5th graders and keeping them in check. Then we will move forward to San Diego.


-          Kenny Bambini  

No comments:

Post a Comment