Sunday, November 23, 2014

11/22/14

It is a bittersweet day and our last day here in San Diego, California. We will be saying goodbye to the Pacific Ocean, the birds of paradise, palm trees, and warm weather. Out of all of the places we have been I have found the most peace within myself when I watch the beauty of the way ocean never stops kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it is sent away along with the incredibly resilient waves and the vastness. The ocean makes me feel tiny when I am sitting there in the warm sand and it makes me put my life into perspective in this uncharted territory. This is all so new to me when you’re doing something new, of course there are going to be mistakes made along the way. When being a leader you are going to make a wrong decision or failures, sometimes there is going to be no way to avoid it. We all need to be like the ocean that never stops coming back to the shoreline, it is resilient as we should be with our mistakes and risks. We don’t want to keep making the same mistakes. Soon enough I will be back to the coast. I have been making the same mistake for to long and it is finally time to learn from them. I have been accustomed to a routine, convincing myself it is impossible to accomplish certain dreams, and have been to afraid to hurt and abandon those that I love dearly. It is time to take more risks that scare me, that tests my spirit as well as my body.

Dear Ocean,
Thank you for making me feel tiny, humbled, inspired, and salty…...

 Cheyenne Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment