Sunday, November 23, 2014

11/20/14


When someone makes a decision, he is really diving into a strong current that will carry him to places he had never dreamed of when he first made the decision. ECOEE is full of decisions but it is also a lot of unclear paths. During this last unclear path we took into the Sea of Cortez, Mother Nature took the reins. She kept us in Pescador bay longer than expected. Mother Nature has also taken control of my sleeping patterns. She wakes me up with the sun and puts me to sleep with the darkness. This morning I woke up at 5:43 despite my 6:20 alarm that was going to go off. We all drank our coffee, ate our breakfast burritos and started cleaning. I love sweeping because I can pretend I am a chimney sweeper like in Mary Poppins. After I was done being a chimney sweeper we walked by Jeff’s lead to the museum across the street. In the basement of this museum the local artists were displaying their work. I purchased a pair hand carved moon earrings made from an oyster shell found on the pacific coast of Baja California. After the museum we moved like a herd of sheep or in our case, a flock of birds, to the market where Cheyenne bought a coconut. We then headed back to Casa Azul where we waited while Jillian cleaned the toilet. We piled into our great white vans to eat lunch at Los Hamacas or The Hammocks. We ate our wonderful Mexican food and drank our refreshing sodas then started our journey to Catavina. The Cordons, Cirios and Ocotillos are not part of my accustomed scenery but I have fallen in love with their unique figures. Before getting to our desert campsite, we made a pit stop to a cave where the ancestors of that area still tell us about how nature shaped their lives. They dances and celebrated and expressed their values through these cave paintings. As our ancestors did, we shall listen to our heart; it knows all things because it came from the soul of the world, and it will one day return there. 

Haley Brasile

No comments:

Post a Comment