Sunday, November 23, 2014

11/21/14

Baja California was beautiful and crazy,
When the wind was blowing the background was hazy.
I’ve never seen better sunsets or sunrises than this place,
I sit here waiting on border patrol and anticipating mace.
I’ve been to Mexico before and I love it every time,
There simple family based culture, Pineapples and Limes.
Seriously sitting here waiting on border patrol is dumb,
I’ve got nothing else to do but suck on my thumb.
I loved sea kayaking even though it hurt my butt,
I just want to drive through border patrol but this stupid gate is shut.
As much as I was looking forward to returning,
After getting off of the sea I had this bittersweet burning.
I no longer want this trip to end,
Don’t want to be home, don’t want to see friends.
Im finally content with constantly being on the go,
Yeah the drums they swing low, and the trumpets they go.
This trip will probably come to an end too fast,
Let’s make everything count right down to the last.
The last day, the last laugh, the last meal, the last chore,
Let’s make it all count before we close the door.
And before we say goodbye to the vans and trailer forever,
And before Jeff makes one more joke he thinks is clever.
This is it, the end of expeditions, were on our way home,
No more backcountry, no more traveling gnome.
Trip plan and Scavenger hunt, let’s get this work done,
Final Evals, those should be fun.
Honestly what I miss the most is going to the bathroom with a bit of personal isolation,
I just want to be alone in there, no other feet or confrontation.
This trip has made me realize that I’m both extrovert and introvert so I don’t fit into these designations,
I’m not people, product, process, ideas, or any of those classifications.
I am me and only me with all of my traits,
And if people don’t like it they gonna hate.
I’ve only got a few more of these left,

So I’ll try to make them better this much you can bet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment