Sunday, November 23, 2014

11/7/14

Today was awesome we went to the pool at the oasis,
It was fulfilling to see all your sun kissed happy faces.
Especially after bad rationing and a 15 mile hike,
I would have definitely rathered a motorized bike.
But the oasis pool certainly made it worth it,
And to know that in 1767 Spanish Jesuits berthed it.
Baja California has completely changed my views on deserts,
Because of all the cactus it’s much easier to get hurt.
The plants are so green and even though a lot of them are spikey,
I can’t help but enjoy this landscape, me likey!
I’m also very thankful that our nights here have been lit by the moon,
It’s a shame that Kenny’s so bored and that were leaving so soon.
Speaking of soon ECOEE is coming to closer to the end,
Even though it seems like there’s still so much time to spend.
I say this hypocritically because I think of post-ECOEE too,
But we need to focus on the here and now, the me and the you.
We need to focus on the group and getting things done,
We need to finish our lessons so we can start having fun.
I hate hearing feedback because I take it so badly,
But after facing so realities I’m now accepting it gladly.
WE all need to give real feedback, even if it sounds mean don’t shake it
Because it’s during these four months that will be our only time to take it.
In the real world you rarely get feedback like this,
And though you don’t think it now, this feedback you’ll miss.
So don’t take it personally if I start dealing it out hard,
I just don’t want my super close friends to turn into tards.
Let’s finish out this next month and try harder to do things right,
Let’s take what John said and fight the good fight.
We have a really early start so I’m going to bed soon,

I say goodnight to this journal and goodnight to the…cactuses. 

Josh Baughman

No comments:

Post a Comment