Saturday, October 18, 2014

10/17/14

Day 63 

Awwww! Big. Comfy. Couch. I don’t even know how long I’ve been sitting here but I don’t care because I’m sitting on a couch. Seriously, is this some sort of alien technology? How could something so soft and comfy exist?!anyways you get the idea. We’re spending the next couple of nights here at the Summit Adventure lodge near Oakhurst California. We got to utilize their kitchen and dinner table tonight to make dinner which was chicken noodle casserole. Yummah. In a couple of days we hit the trail in the Sierra Nevada mountains for the second backcountry portion of our expedition. We still need to get all our own packs packed but tonight we manage to get all our food portioned out. I’m excited to be able to each much more summer sausage and candy bars per day than I got to eat on the river. Anyways today we got to check out the giant Sequoya trees before leaving Yosemite. It was not easy to wrap my mind around just how big those trees were. I’m glad I got to experience that especially after learning about how those trees came to be protected. How John Muir took Teddy Roosevelt on a camping trip and slept in the presence of those giants. Thinking about it I imagined how the president must have felt about the importance of preserving those trees and the whole of the Yosemite area. It makes me thankful that people cared enough back then to preserve all of the national and state parks we have visited on this expedition. Anyways I need to get to bed. Tomorrow looks to be a busy day and sleep is a crucial element of this expedition. Night yall.

- Curtis Stark

No comments:

Post a Comment