Saturday, October 18, 2014

10/9/14

Day 55
10.9.14
            Today we woke up in yet another great place, Bryce Canyon National Park. We were able to do some exploring and go on a hike on Queens Garden Trail, which was actually more exhausting than all of us expected… so the Sierras should be real piece of cake, right? I also stepped a little out of my comfort zone and made it out to a place called inspiration point with Haley and enjoyed the view… even though my legs were wobbling it was well worth it. That’s what this trip is though, stepping out of your comfort zone and dealing with whatever wobbles come your way, and realizing that it was all worth it. But even aside from this expedition, that’s what life is about. What we’re doing is certainly not easy but something that keeps me humble and helps me get through each task and day with the best attitude possible is acknowledging real life outside of ECOEE is plenty tough too. I have a tough brother, Frank, who wakes up around three or four a.m. to drive over an hour to job sites to put in an 8 to 10 hour work day of hard labor Monday through Friday and doesn’t turn down Saturdays. I have an amazing sister, Lindsay, who somehow found the patience to teach high school punks that she found out she loves. A caring mother, Laura, who cooks amazing food for people every day and finally understands you cannot make everyone happy. A wise man, Pops, that repossess cars during the graveyard shift six days a week. So that’s a shout out to my family for working their hardest so that they can live the best they can and instilling in me the desire to work my hardest for the things I need, but most importantly, the things I love. I said this quote at breakfast but I would like for everyone to have the chance to think about it: “The mark of a great fighter is how he acts when he’s getting licked” –Sugar Ray Robinson


-Greg Strobel

No comments:

Post a Comment