Saturday, October 18, 2014

10/7/14

Day 53 

Today we got the heck out of dodge! And by that I mean Yellowstone National Park. Yellowstone, I love ya, but, with your boardwalks crowded with tourists, your lack of common amenities like showers, wifi, and water spigots, and your freezing cold mornings it was time to say goodbye. Don’t get me wrong, you were without a doubt the most beautiful and majestic piece of nature that I have ever seen in my life. From your soaring mountain peaks that stretch far over the horizon to the roaring water falls that pour into your enormous canyons right down to your lowest bubbling mud pots, you had it all. No wonder they call you and the national parks that followed you, America’s best idea. I loved seeing and learning about your geysers and steaming crystal blue ponds. Ponds that seems so warm and inviting but were full of acid and scalding hot water. Your wild life was also amazing, too. I have never seen so many or been so close to bison in all my life. Nor had I ever seen a wolf before that early morning we all set out to see your most beautiful and elusive creatures that roam your vast wilderness. So thanks Yellowstone, its been real, but now we must all continue our adventure elsewhere. Our itinerary beckons us to leave with the same urgency that it brought us to you with. Tonight we will be resting out bodies on Utah ground. Just one of the three new states that I have never been in before today. If feels wrong but I still count passing through the corner of Montana without stepping foot on it as being in the state of Montana so I’m crossing it off my list. So, with nothing more to say other than Idaho is a pretty state to drive through, I’m gonna wrap up this journal. Tune in tomorrow for more adventures of ECOEE 2014! To be continued….

- Curtis Stark

No comments:

Post a Comment