Tuesday, October 7, 2014

10/2/14

Today was a day full of adventure. I woke up at the crack of dawn with a realization. You know the realization that we were going to visit NOLS, the National Outdoor Leadership School. You know “The leader in wilderness education.” I couldn’t be more excited about the experience we were about to embark on. We met with the lovely Elyse and we about the history of NOLS with it beginning in the late 60’s, early 70’s. with Pat Tapely and Paul Petzolt. Elyse talked about how NOLS started small then a special on T.V. aired then NOLS exploded as a non-profit organiztioin and today NOLS is recognized worldwide. After our splendid visit with Elyse and NOLS we headed to Yellowstone. ( Lets just say I got to cross this off my bucket list. ) But before we hit Yellowstone we had to get thorugh Teton National Park. As we were nearing the Tetons John and I misidentified the Tetons at first. We were like those are cool I guess. BUT BOY WERE WE AWOKEN QUICKLY by something off in the distance, these monstarous mountains stood guard in the distance and they were the mighty Tetons. They were something I have not seen sinceI came across Mount Kilimjaro eight years ago. This quote I found by Francis Bacon said it best “ All beauty has some strangeness of proportion.”  That’s how I felt about the Tetons and I couldn’t stop staring at the vast beauty of these mountains. (Kudos to you Jeff for climbing one of the peaks) So as I leave you right now I will leave you a quote from Abraham Lincoln to keep your spirits up.
“We can complain because rose bushes have thorns or we can rejoice that thorn bushes have roses


-          Kenny Bambini   

No comments:

Post a Comment