Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Day 40

We started the day off waking up around between six and six thirty AM for a seven AM chow circle. The skillet was amazing even though the potatoes could have been cooked longer. After packing up breakfast we headed off on our drive back to Macomb. I wrote my first two newsletter articles in the first half of the drive and then switched seats with john so he could write his. Being navigator is fun for me because I love following along on the map. Arriving in Macomb was weird for me, somewhat of a culture shock. I think the shock was a mutual feeling for others in the group. Unpacking started a little slow but by the end of the day we were working efficiently. Overall I think we all should be proud of the work we got accomplished. Working in the sun was my favorite part; there is no better feeling than getting the day’s work done in the hot sun. The hard work is going to pay off. I will leave us all with this quote: “we delight in the beauty of the butterfly but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty” –Maya Angelou

p.s. it is Jeff’s birthday tomorrow.


-Haley Brasile 

No comments:

Post a Comment