Sunday, September 28, 2014

Day 38

22 September 2014

Dear Friend,
 It has been far too long since we last talked. I am quite sure that you have missed me, I know that I have missed you. Or rather, I have missed you when my mind has had time to wander. Jeff says that we always have to be thinking on ECOEE, implying that we may have time where we won't think. I agree with you, though, when you told me that ECOEE would keep me so preoccupied and busy that thoughts of home or friends would scarcely cross my mind.
 Because this has been busy. Not only am I living out of a duffel bag and tent, but I have homework. I also have a life at home to keep track of. Oh, and there are some weeks where I help lead ECOEE. And on top of that, I'm visiting places all over the continent. How did you come back with only one gray hair? I'll be coming back with a whole new set of gray ones! Then I'll really look like my dad…
 But let's get to the point of everything. What am I here for? Well, it's not for vacation, that's for sure. If I wanted one of those, I would have stayed put in my apartment in Macomb. What am I getting here that I can't get in Currens? Now that is the question worth asking. Because I'm sure that, to an extent, these classes exist there. But the people do not.
 The vast majority of my peers in Currens are not interested in learning and growing like the other ten here are. I assume (a risky thing to do) that those still at WIU place a higher value on drinking or having a good time.
 The skills and knowledge I am gaining here are unlike any I will get anywhere else. Sure, the stresses of ECOEE may shave a few years off of my life, but that doesn't really matter.
 I'm here because I remember you before and after ECOEE, and I aspire to be at the same caliber you are. So thank you for supporting and encouraging me to do this. It's one of the reasons you are my favorite. I'll be seeing you Saturday. Good luck.

               Regards,
               Anthony Killion

No comments:

Post a Comment