Sunday, September 21, 2014

Day 15

August 30, 2014

Today was day seven on our canoe journey and it happens to be our "free day." So we started our day with a physically/ emotionally super charged 1st week tent debrief... Just kidding thee feedback we received was very helpful and I hope others in this group and myself work their hardest to improve on what they need to work on. So as this week goes on i'm sure we will all see improvement from our actions. For example I am not a good cook. So I hope to learn from master chef john. So as I sit here a day before a long journey to our next campsite and the oh so exciting first portage. So as I am dreading to get this moment over.So am I enjoying these hashbrowns mixed with bacon and ham TVP for dinner and thinking how this journey is going to goand I can't think of a conclusion. Just remember this journey is in our hands and we have to make every second the best we can or whats the point. If someones having a bad day pick them them up and carry them with you so as i depart on the next leg of this canoe trip in Ontario I leave you with a quote that has stuck with me.
" You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over analyzing a situation; trying to put pieces together, justifying what could have and would've happend.. or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and "portage on"

-Kenny Bambini

No comments:

Post a Comment