Thursday, September 25, 2014

Day 24

September 8th, 2014

The paddle has formed calluses on my hand. Josh is promising to make me queen of everything I see. I wonder how far we have gone. Cassidy’s strokes are in sync with mine. I hear the soft noise of water dripping off the paddle. I feel wind burnt. We are singing “Mirror in the sky what is love. Wont the child within my heart rise above.” There is a distant deep grumble coming from the boat in front of me. I assume it is John’s voice. We are switching sides pretty often to keep ourselves entertained. I am much warmer today than I was yesterday. I again am wondering how far we have gone and when we will be stopping at our destination. My warm hands brush lightly against the cold water. My hair is getting blown everywhere. Josh sings “I’ll put you on the map, Ill cure you of disease”. Finally we are stopped after a hard day, maybe the hardest. We all need a group dinner and group cuddle. I jump in the water with my Partner in Crime Josh. We get asked to fill the dromedaries and josh goes under trying to catch the Nalgene that was thrown. I thought for a second he wasn’t coming back up. There is a full moon every twenty eight days and tonight must be day twenty eight. John let me check out the moon with his binoculars. I sit under this moon to write my journal. That chili mac was so good I could eat more right now but I think I will just go to sleep. I hope we all have fun tomorrow while we are sent down the rapids.

-Haley Brasile 

No comments:

Post a Comment