Thursday, September 25, 2014

Day 16

8/31

The other night my tone came across as aggressive
But this was only because my emotions were suppressive.
You gotta understand I only want what’s best for the group
I would never spend my time hatin on the troops.
Notice I say troops because we’re out here fighting
The weather, the terrain, sometimes each other, and sometimes the lightning.
We’re fighting the cold and the pain and figuring out what to wear
But at least were rid of that pesky black bear.
Between me and Anthony and Cassidy and Kenny
If we got paid for flippin wed make a pretty penny.
I honestly thought I’d get through the whole MIssinaibi
Without flipping the canoe and getting soaked just maybe.
But Cassidy don’t feel bad because hey, get this
Sometime in the future it’ll be something I miss.
Seriously don’t beat yourself up it could’ve been anyone
In retrospect that experience was actually fun.
But on with this river and to Mattice we must go
We’ve got many miles to kill and no time to blow.
I cannot wait to finally get to the end
Buy some soda and skittles and get in touch with some friends.
I think most of all I miss my music and my bed
But these are all things that we’ve said and we’ve said.
This trip is making me appreciate more things
Like the little comforts and all the small things.
I miss my family now much more than I have ever
But then again a trip like this I’ve taken never.
So guys this is it one more week on this river
We need to get through this cold and beat away the shivers.
Let’s get though the miles and get through these days
And at the end we’ll dine and shower in beautiful ways.
But for now this next week lets remain in the moment here
And maybe at some point later we’ll celebrate with a beer.
Say hello to a new LOW group and a new week
And remember that its growth and development we seek.
So keep your mind open and your body ready
And keep your boats clean and straight and steady.
Let’s keep in line and keep a good pace
We’re not in this to win this because it’s not a race.
But everyday we’ll keep on our game face
And Mattice is the place we will chase

And when Jeff is not looking we’ll celebrate with a case ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment