Thursday, September 25, 2014

Day 29

9/13/14

I’m just sitting here thinking without a thought at all
Today I feel empty emotions at a stall.
I can’t really say why I’m feeling so down
Just the usual stress with the usual frown.
Anthony this is the part where I was staring at you
You stared right back not knowing what to do.
We talked about my current writers block
While down in the water getting cleaned are our socks.
I’m so freaking glad to be out of the sand
Sleeping and cooking on solid land.
Today on the portages I feel like I killed it
Thank you Jeff for the popcorn from the skillet.
This trip is turning out to be much different than I expected
Like the difference between being talked to and texted.
Yeah sure we all know what we were told
But the words never set the idea never sold.
I don’t know about y’all but for me it’s a recurring situation
Where people say this and that yet I’m still thinking vacation.
I guess because I’ve always thought life should be a breeze
But now I’m working so hard breaths are more like a wheeze.
It’s on the inside where I’m having these battles and such
I feel like 28 days is way too much.
I feel like now even three weeks would be fine
But I’m sure it’ll all make more sense down the line.
I can’t help but always see the big picture, the end credits
But this isn’t a story you’d read about on Reddit.
I’d like to change the subject that to me is quite pressing
Ladies how does it feel to not worry about all the dressings.
A couple of you have told me that you feel much more happy
And I must tell you without it you look far from crappy.
Because with it you look and act like different beings
Constantly hiding the person we’re never seeing.
And I know it’s hard because society demands it
But next time you get the idea to put on makeup back hand it.
None of you need those facial enhancers
You have two eyes and those are perfect romancers.
All you need is another pair to look into and gaze
And when you realize this you will be truly amazed.
But this realization won’t come quick it will come in time

With this I bid you adieu, I am done with this rhyme.

No comments:

Post a Comment