Thursday, September 25, 2014

Day 18

September 2nd, 2014

“I am here for the dirt, I am here for the hurt. I am here for the heat and here to be beat. I am here for the cold and to be taught by the old.”
Today started off with an emotional debrief. There is nothing more beautiful than to be in Canada on a cliff with twelve other unique souls talking about real emotions and about real decisions. I felt true pain for the man who froze to death in Jeff’s story this morning. All our actions and decisions catch up to us and sometimes it is too late to correct them. We started our day on the river with high tension because simple actions and simple decisions had built up within the group that had misdirected our focus to thinking about things that may not really matter. The LOW’s today; Greg, Jillian and I made a complex decision that really hit deep. We all may have been thinking that the decision to cross the river was not a very dangerous one. That thought got quickly swept away with the crashing of the waves. Jeff’s voice crashed into us along with the waves and quickly our actions became much more serious. The spirit of the group tonight makes me smile. I am sitting up here with Greg, Cassidy and Curtis and I am once again reminded why I chose to take the long way home.
-Haley Brasile

No comments:

Post a Comment